FAQ , Terms and Conditions.
What is the minimum cost I can hire?
A minimum order of £350.
What is your availability?
We have a large stock of chair covers and Chiavari Chairs so we can accommodate more than 1 event at a time however it is advisable to book as soon as you can. We have a very good reputation so understandably we get a lot of business and we can run out especially during the Christmas and wedding season. But we do prefer to deal with one wedding at a time so we can offer our bride our full attention on her special day.
Can I book in advance for 2019/2020
Yes – We have limited availability for 2018 bookings. We are now taking bookings for 2019 and 2021
Which colours do you have in stock?
We stock good quality white, black and ivory chair covers in various sizes.
Organza, Lace, Taffeta and Satin Sashes – A wide selection of sashes are available.
Examples of the colours are White, Ivory, Gold, Bronze, Lilac, Purple, light Pink, Dusky Pink, Candy pink, Fuchsia Pink, Light blue, Ice blue, Royal Blue, Navy blue, Chocolate brown, Burgundy, Silver, Red, Black, Sunflower Yellow, Turquoise, Teal, Lemon, Mint green, Spring Green, Moss Green, Sage Green, Black, Salmon, Dark Burgundy, Aqua. To name but a few.
We will be adding on more colours in the future according to customer demand, so if your choice of colour is not on the list above, please let us know as we can order it in from our suppliers.
What size chair covers do you supply?
We supply 4 sizes of Linen chair covers and our Lycra stretchy covers which fit most chairs.
How do I book?
Please Email or Telephone with your requirements. We will contact you advising on availability and a quote. Please pay £100 deposit to secure your date by sending a cheque to Events by TLC .Or bank transfer. Please check availability before sending in a booking form and deposit.This deposit is non refundable.
Please note bookings are NOT made until the deposit is received.Deposits are non refundable. A paid deposit is acceptance that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions as if you have signed and returned a copy to our office.
How do I order a sample?
We charge £8 for all each samples sent out. We only send out samples on receipt of payment. This cost is refunded when the sample is sent back and an order is placed. Please kindly advise us on your choice of sample and the colour of sash that is required.
How much is delivery/pickup?
DELIVERY, INSTALLATION & COLLECTION
We do charge for delivery, installation and collection on top of all of equipment prices. Once we know which items of equipment you require, the date of your event, the location and event times we can let you have an accurate quotation for this.
We do not make any profit on the delivery, installation and collection, it simply covers our staff, and transport costs.
To get an accurate quote for any of the items that you see on the website don’t hesitate to get in touch by either phone or email
All Dance floors come with a £40.00 minimum set up and delivery charge will be applied on top of the minimum £450.00 , venue access dependant.
When will the covers be dropped off and picked up?
We will discuss this with the venue on your behalf and ensure this is all organised for you.
Do you set up?
We will ensure that everything is set up for you that is included in your package price. You will not need to set up anything but are free to inspect prior to the event.
When is the full balance expected?
4 weeks before the event date.
Do I need to pay a damage or loss deposit?
We do ask for a deposit but we use this for holding your date, Unfortunately this is non refundable , In the case of damage or loss ,Full replacement cost will be charged for each item lost or damaged. (please see terms and conditions for details)
What is considered as damage?
Examples are minor food and drink stains on the linen and minor shoe damage round the bottom of the chair covers is acceptable and will not be charged for, however more serious marking such as candle wax, crayon, marker pens, footprints on the seat, grass stains, burns and rips or if the cover has been dragged along the floor/outside etc will be considered as damage and a replacement charge will be required.
We can offer a range of extra services these include: Balloons, Balloon Bombs, Wedding Arch, Live Fish for centrepieces, Owls to fly your rings, Reindeer, etcetera
If you have further questions please drop us an Email at email@example.com
..............A quick breakdown...............
* All "Booking" Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
* All deposits and monies paid are NON - REFUNDABLE in the event of you cancelling your Event . If you move the date then a 3% handling charge maybe occurred.
*In the unlikely event we have to cancel a full refund of all money would be paid.
The following terms and conditions are for Events by TLC particularly relating to hire services & event decoration.
1. If any of the details on the completed customer order form or invoices are incorrect, insufficient or changed before the event please inform us as soon as possible to allow us to change our records accordingly.
2. Cancellation by the customer with less than 156 days notice will require full payment. Cancellation outside of this period by the customer will require 50% and any additional payments / deposits from the time of booking are non refundable.
3. A 30% or £100 deposit (whichever is the greatest) is required to secure a booking. Bookings will not be guaranteed until a deposit has been received.
4. Final payment is due no later than 4 weeks prior to events. Failure to make payment on time will result in the booking being cancelled and full payment remaining due.
5. Hired items must be returned to Events by TLC after your event. Or we shall collect during evening clear up. Items not returned, damaged ,lost or stolen will result in the customer being invoiced at full replacement value.
6. Events by TLC.
7. The individual hirer or venue/staff is the lead name on the booking form.
9. The hirer will be solely responsible for the hired items from the time of delivery and set up and shall be alone responsible for insuring the goods until they are returned to the owner.
10. The owner will not be held responsible for any damage to persons or property whilst the goods are under the responsibility of the hirer.
11. Standard cleaning of Dance floor is included, Laundering of chair covers is included in our prices, including stains resulting from accidental spillage of food and drink. However any damage perceived to have been caused purposefully or resulting from guests standing on chair covers or treating them without due care resulting in rips, footprints on seats, burns and drawing marks may result in us having to issue an additional laundering, repair or replacement charge this also counts for dance floor.
12. Replacement cost for chair covers is £10 and organza sashes £2.00, table swags £80, lily vases £15. Ostrich feathers £8, led white light bases £20, led colour changing bases £75, Martini glasses £40, Crystal Globes £80 , individual poles and bases £65 each, framework systems £300, exploding balloon equipment £100 to £500 dependent on system, Ferraro Rocher stand £300, wishing well £275. Led Dance Floor Per Panel £300. Led Letters 2ft , 4ft, or 5ft Per letter is £300.
13. Payment of your non refundable deposit and / or signature on your order or confirmation by email is deemed as you having read, accepted and understood these terms and conditions.
14. We will hold your card details as a security deposit which may be used if goods are damaged or lost. We will also invoice you first and inform you of any losses or damages before taking payment.
15. Late payment will incur interest and late payment charges on four (4) weeks overdue Venue/Hotel bookings are on strict Thirty (30) days anything longer shall be handed over to our debt recovery agency.
16. Package Deals are priced to save you money, although certain items can be mixed and added at extra cost - items depending, however removing items does not reduce the cost of the package deal.
The Full T & C`s
The following conditions constitute the terms of the contract between Events by TLC and you the client (person hiring goods or receiving our services). These terms will be deemed accepted by you, the client, upon receiving any or all of the following:
1. Email confirmation
2. Written confirmation i.e.: Text, Facebook message or paper letter
3. Payment of deposit
4. Payment of Complete booking
5. Acceptance of goods
6. Signed Terms & Conditions
Amendments or variation of this agreement shall be ineffective unless received in writing and signed by a duly authorised representative of which each of the party agrees. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall apply to any terms or conditions which are contained in the Clients purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document.
- Hire items remain the sole property of Events by TLC. Levenbank Terrace Alexandria G83 9HB ( for postal correspondent only )
1. During the period of hire; from the time of acceptance of the goods until the items are returned and accepted back into the possession of Events by TLC, the client is solely responsibly for the hired goods and the client shall accept full responsibility for insuring all goods are returned in full and free from damage.
2. Subject to the above condition (1.1), if the hire goods have not been returned in full or have returned damaged, where general wear and tear is not evident, then the client shall be charged at our current rate of replenishment. Rates/charges can be provided on request.
3. Hired items will be counted and checked when they are collected / returned and our decision as to loss / damage will be final. The hirer is entitled to have a named representative present to counter check the goods with our company representative at time of collection and shall be required to countersign the collection note. In the case of items being collected by a third party carrier they are not authorised to check the goods and Events by TLC` decision is final.
4. Any persons other than the hirer, e.g. hotel or venue employees or event co-ordinators who sign a delivery/collection note or accept delivery of items, are deemed to be authorised by the hirer.
5. The hirer is entitled to have any damaged goods inspected; however Events by TLC must be notified within 30 days of the hirer being informed of any such damage. Otherwise, the said items will be disposed of after this period. Any goods returned are at the hirer’s expense.
6. Only hired goods belonging to Events by TLC will be accepted. Any goods returned which do not belong to Events by TLC require to be collected by the hirer. Should the collection fail to be uplifted within 30 days Events by TLC reserves the right to dispose of them.
7. If you require an item out within our product list we shall charge these items at cost price, we find this sometimes works out cheaper for the bride and if we deem fit to add items to our product list then we will arrange a discount.
2. The duration of the hire is from the period agreed and should be returned as agreed or access be granted for collection, in the case of failure to return on time a fee may apply for any unreasonable delay in return.
3. We will endeavour to supply specific items requested, however we reserve the right to use our discretion to supply an appropriate alternative where necessary.
4. Events by TLC must have adequate access to the venue prior to event for dressing and after the event for removal usually the next day. This contract is on the condition that adequate and reasonable access to the venue is provided.
- Additional costs vary if access times are found to be unsociable or unreasonably short. Charges are available on request. We shall endeavour to inform you of our requirements no later than 3 weeks before your event and it will be your responsibility to ensure that the venue is able to accommodate our requirements.
5. We will make every effort to deliver, set up and collect at the times requested by the client if the hire is on a set up basis; removal will be as prompt as possible, however we cannot guarantee collection times. It is therefore the client’s responsibility to ensure that any hired goods are kept dry and in a secure place until collected items will be checked before leaving venue.
6. All flower products are subject to availability. In the event of any supply difficulties, we reserve the right to substitute with a product of equivalent value and quality without notice
7. We guarantee the freshness of your flowers for 7 days (subject to following our care for flowers cards provided). Roses, summer and spring flowers will be guaranteed for a period of 5 days. Also, certain flower arrangements and plant products may be delivered in bud to ensure longer life.
8. Some flower and plant products may be harmful or poisonous, if you require further information before submitting an order then please contact us.
9. In the event that we are unable to supply all or part of your order (the product or any substitute product to you at all), we shall notify you as soon as possible and reimburse your payment in full no later than 30 days after the intended delivery date.
10. Products will be delivered the next day unless other delivery date or service is requested.
11. Selected products are not available for same day delivery or other special delivery services. Further information regarding product availability and delivery options can be accessed by contacting us via email or via telephone.
Dance Floor12. Additional costs vary depending on size of floor required. A non refundable deposit of £100 is required to secure your date. All floor hires come with an extra minimum £40.00 delivery and collection fee. Any damage to the floor will be invoiced separately. It will be your (the hirer) responsibility to ensure that the dance floor is returned or collected to or by Events by TLC in full re hire order. Any damaged panels will be invoiced at £300. Light scratches are acceptable. Power pack damages will be invoiced at £260.
- It will be the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that your guests refrain from drinking and eating on the dance floor
2. The client is aware that the surface, which the floor is to be laid, needs to be both flat and dry. An uneven floor may
result in the LED’s not working, as the panels cannot connect properly. Our staff will not lay the dance floor on a wet
surface as this will damage the panels.
3. Events by TLC will not be held responsible if we cannot lay the dance floor due to the surface being wet or uneven.
4. The Client is aware that Metallic Confetti can “short circuit” the dance floor and that is used near the dance floor the
power will go off resulting in the dance floor no longer working.
5. Liquid spillages on the dance floor can occasionally result in component failure. The Client is liable for any damage
6. The venue needs to have suitable access i.e. no stairs, steps that we can wheel the dance floor (in its trolley which is
137cm x 67cm) into your venue. Where the function room is upstairs a goods lift will be required.
7. We also need to be notified if there is gravel, ledges, lips that the trolley needs to be pushed on/over
8. If the access is poor then an extra charge may be made in order for extra staff to be allocated to your event to carry the
Dance floor panels by hand into your function room.
Care of the Premises/Dance Floor and Equipment
In order to protect the dance floor, appropriate dance shoes must be worn at all times in used at all times.
No food or drinks of any kind are permitted on the dance floor. These may only be consumed in the seating areas. Any liquid spillages must be mopped up immediately, as they will cause serious damage if absorbed into the floors. Client is responsible for ensuring your DJ on the evening makes regular announcements to prevent such damage
Clients are advised not to tamper with the dance floor at any time. If for any reason the dance floor stops performing then the client must contact our office for support. If we find the dance floor has been tampered with then we have the right to remove and the client will be liable for any damaged caused.
The Client must be aware that it is there responsibility prior to booking the Dance Floors to ensure the size booked will fit your venue. Once at the venue the Events by TLC will only lay a floor size big enough to cater the space provided by the venue. If this area is smaller than the floor size you our contracted to then no refund or monies back will be due to the client. Full fee is payable once dance floor arrives at the venue location.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they request a copy of the company Events by TLC Public Liability if the venue requires such documents prior to the event and delivery of the Dance floor. If the venue refuse the dance floor for any reasons regarding no evidence of public liability insurances the fee contracted to the Client will still be payable to the company Events by TLC.
All Dance Floors will be collected at 1-3am on the evening of each event please ensure your venue is aware of these times and access is granted. Failure to gain access the Client will be charged £25 per hour thereafter until access for pick up.
The Client must agree a set up time no later than a week prior to your event. We the Company will ensure the technician is on site at this time unless unforeseen circumstances, we will always contact the venue if for any reason the engineer is running late. Once the engineer is on site the Dance floor must be set up at the times contracted if your event runs over by more than 60 minutes a charge will be applicable of £65 per hour to the Company Events by TLC.
Under no circumstances should any Client or Venue unplug, move or De-Rig any Dance Floors without Company permission. If the Dance floor is for any given reason and damage is caused then the Client will be responsible as to the Venue/ Persons to repair or fully refund the cost of the Dance floor. All Clients have a responsibility to ensure your venue is aware of our terms.
As the floor is electrically controlled there may be times when the circuit is cut this will hinder the lighting control and may caused the Dance floor to stop working. If this incident occurs you must contact our office, you will not be entitled to any monies back however we will endeavor to seek out the problem and restore the floor back to working order within one hour.
Furniture-Tables, Chairs or any form of furniture is totally forbidden on the dance floors. If your dance floor shorts and LED lighting goes off during your event and we have any evidence of furniture being sited on the dance floor you will be liable for damages.
Our engineer will always take photograph evidence of every dance floor once set up in working order. If your dance floor shorts during the event following evidence of fully working order once set up in place you will not be entitled to any form of refund or payment. On investigating the issue for Dance floor shortage if it is evidence any of the above incidents have occurred we the company have the right to charge you a fee to repair any damage.
DAMAGE, LOSS OR THEFT The Company (Events by TLC) is not responsible for any damage or injury to persons or property caused by the items hired howsoever caused. All Clients and Suppliers are responsible for their own public liability insurance and PAT testing. All Clients are responsible for the hire of equipment and the welfare of their own clients and the guest. The client will be liable to pay for any damage of the dance floor and any financial loss due to theft.
The Client will be responsible to inform the venue of their dance floor booking once the dance floor has arrived on site the full fee will become payable. The Company (Events by TLC) will not be responsible for the décor or flooring in the venue the Client must ensure the venues have agreed to the dance floor being laid upon their venue flooring.
It is the responsibility of the Client to inform us if there is any load in restrictions at the venue high steps, steep hills, no lift access. Failure to do so may result in the dance floor not being able to access the venue if this occurs full fee will still remain applicable.Clients will be liable to pay for damages to the dance floor if they do not adhere to the above terms and conditions
Dry Hire Terms and Conditions
1. Where set up is not carried out by Events by TLC, I understand that a risk assessment must be carried out by
me (the hirer ) at the location I intend to use the hired equipment to identify and address any risks which may be present or likely to become present.
2. Events by TLC will not be held responsible for any damage, loss or injuries incurred due to misuse of the
Hired equipment or incorrect operation / installation of such.
3. I agree that in the event of the equipment being lost or stolen whilst in my possession or care, I am liable to reimburse
Events by TLC for the full cost of the items. I also guarantee that the hired equipment will not be damaged,
Misused or modified in any way and that I am liable for the cost of repairs or replacements should any of these occur to
4. I am aware that there is a £60.00 (excl. VAT) charge per day that the equipment is returned late (unless authorized by a
member of staff)
5. We will ask for proof of Identity and postal address upon delivery/collection of the equipment which will be photocopied
whilst the equipment is hired. You will then be supplied the photocopy once the equipment has been returned so you can
dispose of this information as you feel necessary. We advise that you shred the information as soon as possible.
Validity of Quote
13. Quotes and subsequent prices shall be valid for no longer than 10 days from date provided and are subject to change out with this term. To secure the booking a 30% non refundable deposit of the full total must be paid along with a copy of the signed terms of business.
14. As previously mentioned in the agreement section of this contract, a signed copy of our terms of business is required but not essential to establish agreement with these terms. A signed copy of this is for our reference.
15. The deposit required is 30% and is non refundable. The deposit is 30% of total bill or quotation given at the time of enquiry to secure the booking/date. The following payment dates must be observed:
1. 30% non refundable deposit of full balance or quotation whatever is relevant at time of booking.
2. 100% 156 days prior to date of wedding/event.
16. In the event of cancellation, a minimum payment of 50% of the total cost as detailed in the contract will be payable by the client. Further, any cancellations within 156 days of the event will incur a full 100% charge being imposed.
17. At the time of booking the details we accumulate are for booking reference only and the following timeline exists to finalise details of your order:
1. At time of booking an outline of your order is required in order to provide a quotation but can be changed at any point up until the final balance is due by the client.
2. 4 weeks prior to your event we would require a meeting in order to finalise clients order.
3. For more detailed bookings we shall meet with clients 6 weeks prior to their day.
4. Any additional meetings required will be charged at a rate of £20 per hour.
5. Unless agreed, Events by TLC are not responsible for the sourcing of specific products requested by clients. We can source items but a sourcing fee will apply and items invoiced at cost price.
1. All package deals are designed to save you money, Removing items will not reduce the price. However swapping or adding is allowed on certain items there may be an additional charge.
18. Any amendments to clients order must be received by Events by TLC in writing no less than 14 days prior to event.
I the undersigned declare that I understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined in this Booking Contract. I
confirm that I am over the age of 18 and permanently reside in the United Kingdom.
Clients Name: ______________________________________________________________
Sign/Type or Print Name: _____________________________________________________
Venue/Hotel Signature: ……………………………….......
Print Name: ………………………………........